FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Female entrepreneurs, experts, farmers, doctors and influencers are part of a new generation ReTHINKing hemp at the 3-day hemp conference and trade show in Raleigh, NC, Sept. 2-4.
What: Southern Hemp Expo
When: Sept. 2-4, 2021
– 3-Day Expo Hall
– Let’s Talk Hemp Business Conference – Thursday, Sept. 2
– Let’s Talk Hemp Farm Symposium – Friday, Sept. 3
– Experience Hemp, General Admission – Saturday, Sept. 4
Hours: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm (Saturday 10:00 am – 4:00 pm)
Where: Raleigh Convention Center, 500 S Salisbury St, Raleigh, NC 27601
Tickets: Tickets on Sale Now. Click HERE
DENVER, CO (August 26, 2021) – The third annual Southern Hemp Expo (SHE3) is proud to feature women experts, farmers, scientists and entrepreneurs at the East Coast’s largest hemp supply-trade trade show at the Raleigh Convention Center, Sept. 2-4.
Many of the 3-day expo’s conference educators and panelists are among the most notable women in the hemp space today, as well as many up-and-coming hemp leaders to watch.
“We appreciate and honor all of the women who are exhibiting their leadership in the maturing hemp marketplace, creating jobs and opportunities, and helping pave the way for hemp’s resurgence in all parts of American life,” said Morris Beegle, president of We Are For Better Alternatives (WAFBA) and co-founder of the Southern Hemp Expo.
“Women entrepreneurs are moving the hemp industry forward – from textiles to CBD – with courage, passion, determination, business savvy and innovation, and I’m proud to be a part of this dynamic group of leaders,” said Elizzy Knight, VP of WAFBA and co-founder of Southern Hemp Expo.
Female hemp leaders speaking include:
- Keynote Speaker Dr. Uma-Dhanabalan, a Harvard-educated, Boston-based medical cannabis expert whose groundbreaking work explores cannabis and human health.
- World women’s soccer champion Rachael Rapinoe, with sister, Olympic champion Meghan Rapinoe, launched the MENDI Co. for CBD support for elite athlete recovery.
- Entrepreneur Janel Ralph, CEO of Harmony, started a top-rated CBD company to advocate for her child’s medical needs.
- Joy Beckerman, founder of Hemp Ace International, is the Godmother of industrial hemp in the United States, supporting the movement for the past 30 years.
- Dr. Felecia Dawson has been acknowledged by Essence Magazine as one of the leading Black female obstetrician gynecologists in the nation.
- Dr. Marielle Weintraub is a hemp policy and legislative expert and president of the U.S. Hemp Authority.
- Advocating for hemp feed for livestock, Hunter Buffington is president of the Hemp Feed Coalition.
- Scheril Murray Powell, Esq. practices cannabis and agricultural law and formerly served as director of federal affairs for the Florida Department of Agriculture.
- An expert on agricultural law and policy, Marne Coit, runs the Hemp Law program for North Carolina State University Extension.
- Kelly Flynn, Clemson University’s Emerging Crops Program coordinator, has developed a supply chain map for hemp textiles in the United States.
- Franny Tacy, owner of Franny’s Farmacy, and Chyncia Rodgers, CEO of HIE Living run successful North Carolina CBD wellness businesses.
- Sharing secrets of starting a hemp lifestyle brand are Leah Lakstins, founder of Higher Ed Hemp Tours and Melissa Temple-Agosta, founder of the Hemp Lifestyle Network.
- Atlanta-based eco-wellness and parenting influencer Ari Adams is CEO of ShiftCon Media will be joined by cannabis and hemp social influencers Cait Curley and Lauren Davis.
- Textile sustainability consultant and ‘hemp hustler’ Brianna Kilcullen formerly worked in the fashion industry for Under Armour and Columbia Sportswear.
- Czech hemp entrepreneur Hana Gabrielová runs Hempoint, an organic hemp grain operation that provides hemp seed to the European food market.
- Documentary filmmaker Linda Royal created Bringing Hemp Home, a 2013 film featuring the first hemp home in North Carolina.
- Mandi Kerr is founder and CEO of the global Hemp Association.
- Nonprofit spokeswoman Alicia Fall of Her Many Voices shares her expertise on hemp farming in Haiti.
… and more
For a full list of programming and schedules, visit our schedule HERE.
Most complete hemp supply chain trade show.
The most complete hemp conference and trade show on the East Coast includes a powerhouse line-up of industry leaders on three stages to discuss hemp agriculture, business and investing, technology and innovation, wellness, textiles, fiber, CBD supplements, composites and building materials — the whole supply chain of opportunity in hemp. The conference will also provide legal and compliance updates from the FDA and USDA, investment and entrepreneurial opportunities as well as hemp foods and spirits.
Be sure to stay for the networking happy hour on Friday from 5-7 pm after the Expo Hall closes for everyone in attendance on Friday. The happy hour will be hosted on the third floor of the Raleigh Convention Center and features live music, appetizers and spirits.
Sponsorship and Exhibitor Inquiries
For information about Southern Hemp Expo’s sponsors and partners, visit here. If your company is interested in exhibiting at Southern Hemp Expo, there are limited opportunities still available. Please download the sponsor deck for more information.
Tickets for Southern Hemp Expo
Secure tickets today by visiting: HERE
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
The Raleigh Convention Center and Southern Hemp Expo will follow all local and county COVID-19 health and safety protocols and sanitation. Your safety is our highest priority. Find out more about the Raleigh Convention Center’s COVID protocols HERE.
Members of the press interested in covering the Southern Hemp Expo are encouraged to register in advance of the show for consideration. For press passes, please visit www.southernhempexpo.com/presspass
About WAFBA and Colorado Hemp Company
We Are For Better Alternatives (WAFBA) is committed to researching and developing better alternatives so that hemp can once again thrive, prosper, and help individuals and communities throughout America and around the globe. The Colorado Hemp Company, the producer of the 3rd Annual Southern Hemp Expo, is a leading organization for the advancement and advocacy of hemp farming, processing, production, innovation, education, and legalization in the USA. The entire team is committed to researching and developing alternatives so that hemp can once again thrive and help individuals and communities throughout America and around the globe.
Steven Hoffman,Compass Natural, 303.807.1042, firstname.lastname@example.org
Morris Beegle, Colorado Hemp Company, 970.541.0448,
# # #