FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Trade Show Organizers Announce Programming for Southern Hemp Expo in Raleigh, NC Sep. 2-4
Denver, CO (Aug. 12, 2021) – National trade show organizers and producers We Are For Better Alternatives (WAFBA) and Let’s Talk Hemp are pleased to announce this year’s in-person event schedule for the Southern Hemp Expo, which will take place at the Raleigh Convention Center, Raleigh, NC on Sep. 2 – 4.
Southern Hemp Expo (SHE3) will offer a robust lineup of industry experts, leaders and exhibitors in three days of live education programming and seminars.
Southern Hemp Expo Programming and Details
The three-day event will take place in 160,000-plus square feet of dedicated space in the Raleigh Convention Center. There will be four levels including an exhibit hall, ballroom and seminar rooms.
“From wellness supplements to superfoods and protein powders, paper and textiles, biofuels and building materials, the evolving U.S. Hemp industry continues to grow,” said Morris Beegle, event organizer. “We are excited to bring a large supply chain trade show and conference to the East Coast taking place at the Raleigh Convention Center. We are beginning the next chapter of the expansion of the global industrial hemp industry” he added.
What: The Southern Hemp Expo
When: Sep. 2 – 4, 2021, 10:30 am – 5:00 pm
Where: Raleigh Convention Center, 500 S Salisbury St, Raleigh, NC 27601
Register: Click HERE
Review our complete schedule HERE.
Leading hemp entrepreneurs and industry experts will take to the Let’s Talk Hemp Ballroom and Breakout Stages and the Formation Ag Education Stage where they will share new innovations, insights and information to help the industry grow.
On Thursday, Sep. 2 Southern Hemp Expo will present a Business Conference, while on Friday Sep. 3, the event will transition to a Farm Symposium. On Saturday, Sep. 4, the Expo hall along with all programming will be open to the public for “Experience Hemp Day.”
Thursday Sep. 2 Business Conference & Networking luncheon
The Let’s Talk Hemp Business Conference will include educational and interactive sessions discussing the exciting convergences of hemp, cannabis, regenerative agriculture, opportunity zones, wholesale and consumer market trends, investment opportunities and more.
- Keynote: Ground-breaking cannabis medical expert Dr. Uma Dhanabalan will address how cannabis and plant medicine offer a “global solution” for human health.
- Legal and policy updates: Attorneys and hemp policy experts will provide updates on federal and state legislative initiatives, legal roundups and what to expect coming down the pipe.
- Cannabis and Pro Sports: Champion athletes discuss CBD, wellness and high performance: Featuring former NFL Superbowl champion Matt Wilhelm and U.S. soccer champion Rachael Rapinoe.
- Lunch video presentation from EarthX
- Hemp Fiber: Experts will discuss developing hemp’s American fiber supply chain.
- SHE Power: Meet some outstanding women entrepreneurs in hemp.
- Investment opportunities and strategies: Data-driven analysis of hemp industry trends.
- US Hemp Building Association
- Insurance options for Hemp Companies
- Fiber, Equipment and Materials
- Regenerative Soil Science
- International Markets
… and more
Friday Sep. 3 Farm Symposium & Networking luncheon
The Let’s Talk Hemp Farm Symposium will feature discussions of hemp fiber and grain processing, hemp as a superfood & livestock feed, soil health and genetics, harvesting and processing innovations, market opportunities, and more.
- 2022 Farmer Forecasting: What might we expect heading out of 2021 and into 2022 and beyond with hemp farming, crop rotation, regenerative and organic products markets and more.
- AG Economics and Making Money Growing Hemp: What is the reality moving forward in regard to long term viability of growing hemp for fiber, grain and cannabinoids.
- Biochar: Discussions of carbon-rich soil additives made from heated organic matter.
- The New Carbon Economy: Carbon sequestration, quantification technologies, carbon credits and a new revenue source for growers and farmers.
- Lunch: Lancaster Farming Hemp Tour USA: Lancaster Farming’s epic National Hemp Tour, 2021.
- Hemp Co-ops and Farming Networks: Developing co-op models that help small and medium producers remain profitable.
- Industrial hemp materials panel: Bottlenecks, infrastructure, supply chain and materials development will be discussed.
- Hemp as a Superfood and Feedstock for Animals: Hemp Feed Coalition From the multi-billion dollar market of plant-based proteins to creating federally approved animal feed products from hemp…opportunities abound from the mighty hemp seed!
- Certified Hemp Genetics: Are certified hemp genetics for fiber, grain and cannabinoids the best option for a stable and consistent hemp supply chain?
On the Education Stage:
- CBD & Pregnancy
- Social Influence
- Marketing Compliance: What not to say when promoting your products
- Expungement, Equity and Industry Participation
- Diversify Hemp
- Delta 8 and Cannabinoid Regulation
… and more
Saturday, Sep. 4 General Admission: Experience Hemp Day
The Expo Hall will be open to the public where exhibitors will display booths covering every part of the emerging hemp supply chain including farming, processing, biofuel, textiles, fiber, CBD, pet treats, hemp foods and beverages and building materials. The public can meet entrepreneurs and learn from speakers in the exploding U.S. and global hemp industries. More speakers added daily!
- Cannabis the first 25,000 years: Are you curious about the true history of cannabis and its evolution alongside humans as societies developed?.
- Hemp building documentary: A free screening of the hemp building documentary Bringing Hemp Home, featuring North Carolina’s first hemp house.
- Hemp as a Spirits Ingredient: Yes, hemp can be used to make spirits such as vodka, gin, whiskey and more.
- The Hemp-Derived Cannabinoid Expedition: Diving deep into Cannabinoids.
- Global State of Hemp: What is happening on the international stage of hemp?
- Cannabis Access for Veterans. The ongoing fight to allow our veterans and defenders of a free society access to natural medications.
- Navigating Post Covid Retail, Wholesale and Ecommerce Outlets: Observations, tips and tricks to getting your products in front of buyers and consumers.
On the Education Stage:
- Hemp Health and Wellness
- Building with hempcrete, live demonstration
- Hemp Paper, Pulp and New Innovation
- Professional Sports and Cannabis
- Hemp Lifestyle
- Diversify Hemp Meetup
… and more
Southern Hemp Expo would like to thank its Sponsors for their support of the Expo, including:
If interested in sponsorship or exhibiting at Southern Hemp Expo, please download our sponsor deck for more information and available openings.
About Let’s Talk Hemp
Let’s Talk Hemp is a leading media platform that focuses on “Changing the Cannabis Conversation.” We curate news, education, and information about hemp and cannabis to our podcast listeners, newsletter subscribers, and digital magazine readers so that they can learn more about the industry and get tips and tricks on the latest technologies.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel and learn about everything from legal updates, farming, production, and new products entering the hemp and cannabis space. Let’s Talk Hemp is a publication of the Colorado Hemp Company (a division of We Are For Better Alternatives WAFBA) focused specifically on the subject of industrial hemp and cannabis. Let’s Talk Hemp features news globally and shares the benefits of cannabis on health, energy, manufacturing, and the planet (HEMP).
# # #