By Heather Collins
Traveling to a tropical beach destination such as Hawaii sounds a bit more of a dream than reality right now due to pandemic travel restrictions. But that doesn’t necessarily have to be the case, especially in the eyes of the Hawaii Cannabis Organization.
This Saturday, November 7, 2020, the Hawaii Cannabis Organization is producing CannShift Live – a virtual educational event dedicated to cannabis set amongst the backdrop of beautiful Hawaii. Cannabis experts from North America and Hawaii will present online, a wide range of topics designed to inform, inspire, and shift the Cannabis discussion into a positive global dialogue.
“CannShift is a perfect opportunity for cannabis enthusiasts to learn more about the benefits of this amazing plant, right in the comforts of their own home,” says Elizzy Knight, Co-Founder of We Are For Better Alternatives (WAFBA), the Producers of NoCo Hemp Expo and Publisher of Let’s Talk Hemp. “Although we’d all prefer to be convening together in person in Hawaii, I am looking forward to hearing the insights from the speakers who will address relevant topics impacting Hawaii today. On behalf of Let’s Talk Hemp Media, we’re proud to sponsor CannShift, as it’s a vital conference for the community and industry.”
Starting at 9:00 am HST (2:00 pm EST), presenters will share their expertise on various topics from soil conservation to tourism to the role cannabis plays in the medical field. Event organizers encourage attendees to sign up for this FREE, live, and virtual event via Zoom.
“There’s no need to hide in your car between presentations because participants are encouraged to medicate, discuss cannabis and learn more about cannabis without fear,” says Brent Norris, CannShift Organizer. “Join in and hear how we can shift the cannabis conversation to a positive one, not only for Hawaii but the industry overall.”
The CannShift conference has been designed to be as interactive as possible, making it easy for attendees to ask presenters questions and chat with them before or after each presentation. CannShift speakers include:
- Me Fuimaono-Poe, a Family Nurse Practitioner in Honolulu, Hawaii, will speak on “Women and Cannabis Healthcare.
- Alice O’Leary Randall, senior spokesperson for the medical cannabis movement and was the first person in the U.S. to legally receive medical cannabis.
- Hollie Hall, Ph.D., is a soil and water scientist with expertise in the Adaptive Management of Watersheds.
- Brian Applegarth, expert advisor in the advancement of cannabis tourism.
- Farmer Tom Lauerman, hemp and organic fruits/veggies farmer, hemp industry educator.
- Carl Olsen, an activist who is requesting the federal government to exempt Iowa from controlled substance restrictions.
- Dr. Otto, MD, medical doctor who performs certification evaluations for patients who want to engage in cannabis self-treatment under Hawaii’s Medical Use of Cannabis Program.
For more information about the event, and for a complete speaker line up, visit https://HawaiiCannabis.org/CannShift.
# # #
Heather Collins is an Account Manager for Compass Natural Marketing and has been working in communications and marketing in the natural products industry for the past twenty years. Compass Natural serves in PR and programming for NoCo Hemp Expo and Southern Hemp Expo. Collins serves as a Contributing Writer of the weekly Let’s Talk Hemp Newsletter, published by We are for Better Alternatives.